1. Determining factors for Lab Band assignments are:
a. Sight reading skills.
b. Sound (color and tone quality)
d. Stylistic interpretation
e. Performance evaluations from the previous semester in Lab Band (continuing students)
f. Hours available to perform, as indicated on the student's Lab Band Information Form.
2. Auditioners may request performance of a prepared selection.
3. Jazz Chair auditions are held separately.
4. TENTATIVE results of Lab Band auditions are posted on the bulletin board outside Kenton Hall by noon on the first Tuesday of classes.
5. FINAL results are usually determined by the end of the first week of classes and are posted accordingly. The faculty may at any time make changes for musical or administrative reasons.
- Future Students
- Admission & Auditions
- Admission process
- DMA (all instruments)
- GRE requirement (grad students)
- Jazz Voice Studies at the University of North Texas
- Scholarships & Assistantships
- Current Students
- Fall 2019 registration & auditions
- Fall 2019 Proficiency Exams
- 2019 Jazz Lecture Series
- Jazz Lab Information
- Vocal Jazz Ensemble Auditions
- Proficiency Exams
- Room Use Policy
- Student Handbook
- Marketable Skills
- Faculty & Staff