1. Auditions are held during registration each long semester. Sign up sheets are posted on the respective faculty member's door or bulletin board.
2. A student who registers late must make arrangements with appropriate faculty to schedule an audition.
3. Students may audition for lab band on more than one instrument.
4. Students who are assigned to more than one lab band (on different instruments) must enroll for a corresponding number of additional credits. See the administrative assistant in the Jazz Studies Office.
5. Each student must fill out a LAB BAND INFORMATION FORM at the lab band audition,
and indicate the hours of the day available for rehearsal.
- Future Students
- Admission & Auditions
- Admission process
- DMA (all instruments)
- GRE requirement (grad students)
- Jazz Voice Studies at the University of North Texas
- Scholarships & Assistantships
- Current Students
- Spring 2020 registration & auditions
- Fall 2019 Proficiency Exams
- 2019 Jazz Lecture Series
- Jazz Lab Information
- Vocal Jazz Ensemble Auditions
- Proficiency Exams
- Room Use Policy
- Student Handbook
- Marketable Skills
- Faculty & Staff