Prerequisite: MUJS 3610, minimum grade of B.
Grading: Determined by assignment grades, attendance, and final project grades.
Attendance: Mandatory. 2 absences will be allowed per semester.
Course Objective: Provide students with the basic techniques and concepts utilized in vocal jazz arranging including:
• Analyzing selected arrangements
• Playing short selections of selected arrangements on the piano (all voices)
• Arranging for rhythm section.
• Arranging an a cappella ballad for 4-6 voices (SATB)
• Arranging a song for 4-6 voices with rhythm section accompaniment
• Chord voicings and voice leading for vocal groups.
• Performance and recording of the two large projects.
- Future Students
- Admission & Auditions
- Admission process
- DMA (all instruments)
- GRE requirement (grad students)
- Jazz Voice Studies at the University of North Texas
- Scholarships & Assistantships
- Current Students
- Fall 2020 registration & auditions
- Fall 2020 Proficiency Exams
- 2020 Jazz Lecture Series
- Jazz Lab Information
- Vocal Jazz Ensemble Auditions
- Proficiency Exams
- Room Use Policy
- Student Handbook
- Marketable Skills
- Faculty & Staff