1. Auditions are held during registration each long semester. Sign up sheets are posted online or on the respective faculty member's door or bulletin board.
2. A student who registers late must make arrangements with appropriate faculty to schedule an audition.
3. Students may audition for lab band on more than one instrument.
4. Students who are assigned to more than one lab band (on different instruments) must enroll for a corresponding number of additional credits. Schedule an appointment to see the Administrative Coordinator in the Jazz Studies Office (MU284).
5. Lab Ensemble Auditions also act as Jazz Chamber Music auditions.
6. Jazz Chamber Music is only open to individuals who have received credit for Improv II; In some cases, additional students are admitted.
- Future Students
- Admission process
- Undergraduate and Graduate Admission & Auditions
- DMA Admissions & Auditions
- GRE requirement (grad students)
- Jazz Voice Studies at the University of North Texas
- Scholarships & Assistantships
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
- 75th Anniversary
- Chart Hub