The 20th Annual Lynn Seaton Jazz Double Bass Workshop at the University of North Texas will be June 14-18, 2021 in an ONLINE-ONLY format.
Registration is at https://app.getacceptd.com/untmusicworkshops.
Prof. Lynn Seaton has established himself as one of the leading performers and teachers of jazz bass in the world today. He brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to his Annual Jazz Double Bass Workshop. This intimate workshop is limited to 12 upright bass players. These spots are first-come/first-served, and thus your spot is not fully secured until you have made your Final Payment and completed registration.
Remaining spots as of January 05, 2021: 12
You can learn more about Professor Seaton on his website lynnseaton.com .
Topics to be covered include:
- Upright technique
- Developing walking bass lines
- Jazz Bass History
- Listening to historical Recordings
- Coaching your playing on submitted videos
The Lynn Seaton Jazz Double Bass Workshop will offer an intensive week of study and performance opportunities for the upright jazz bassist. Classes include: bass line development, historical listening, and daily sessions on technique. Also, participants will submit video performance recordings and be coached. Outstanding faculty concerts will be presented throughout the week. It starts Monday morning and concludes Friday afternoon. The Lynn Seaton Jazz Double Bass Workshop is open to advanced high school (14+), college, professional, and serious amateur upright bassists wishing to expand their capabilities. Participation is capped at 12, so register early.
Sound Equipment for Home Recording and Remote Learning:
Hard wired to Ethernet is the best. A strong Wi-Fi signal will be OK.
Best: Computer, USB mixer or interface with 3 or more channels, mic for the bass, mic for talking, cable to plug in phone for playing tracks, headphones or remote speakers.
Good: Computer, USB mic, SEPARATE remote speaker for playing tracks, headphones.
Minimum: computer with built in microphone, SEPARATE playback speaker for playing with tracks, and headphones or speakers.
If you are new to the double bass, please consider attending Professor Bradetich's beginner or intermediate workshop. Here is the link: Annual Bradetich Beginners and Intermediate Bass Camp.
Registration & Fees
- Tuition $400
- Acceptd.com application fee $20
- Access to the Zoom online meeting platform is required for this workshop.
- Full payment is due at the time of registration.
- Refunds, less the processing fee determined by getacceptd.com and the credit card processor, Stripe, can be made up to one month before the workshop (May 18).
- Between one month before the workshop (May 14) and two weeks before the workshop (June 1), refunds will be made less a $200 fee and the processing fee.
- After June 1, 2020, no refunds will be made.
- No refunds will be made if a participant is dismissed from the workshop for violating UNT policy or workshop rules explained on the first day of the workshop.
- The reason for these policies and deadlines is that the number of staff who must be hired and trained varies according to the expected enrollment, which is determined by the number of participants who commit to the registration process.
- Enrollment will be limited to 12 participants. Once that number of completed registrations with full payment is reached, no new applications can be started. Applicants who are at the in-progress stage because full payment has not been made constitute the waiting list. As spots open up, waiting list participants will be contacted in the order of their date of registration.
For further information about workshop registration, contact the Jazz Studies office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (940) 565-3743.
For further information about the workshop content, contact Lynn Seaton, (940) 369-7639; email: email@example.com