1. Determining factors for Lab Band assignments are:
a. Sight reading skills.
b. Sound (color and tone quality)
d. Stylistic interpretation
e. Performance evaluations from the previous semester in Lab Band (continuing students)
f. Hours available to perform, as indicated on the student's Lab Band Information Form.
2. Auditioners may request performance of a prepared selection.
3. Jazz Chair auditions are held separately.
4. Results of Lab Band auditions are posted on the Canvas page at the start of the week. The faculty may at any time make changes for musical or administrative reasons.
- 75th Anniversary
- Future Students
- Admission process
- Undergraduate and Graduate Admission & Auditions
- DMA Admissions & Auditions
- GRE requirement (grad students)
- Jazz Voice Studies at the University of North Texas
- Scholarships & Assistantships
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
- Chart Hub